Terms and Conditions of Hire
“Company” means Absolute Canvas Ltd, their subcontractors and agents.
“Period of Hire” means the period from the Delivery Date until the collection date and all Equipment has been dismantled and removed from the Site. Your hire period is for a 2 day hire: 1st day is for yourselves and suppliers to set up, 2nd day is the event and the 3rd day will incur a 2.5% charge of your final invoice..
“Quotation” means the quotation sent by the Company to the Client.
All orders for goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Client to hire goods in accordance with these conditions, the Made up Textiles Association’s Code of Practice and the Quotation. These conditions shall apply to all orders and contracts for the supply of Equipment by the Company or its authorized agents. Any qualifications or variations to these conditions should be put in writing.
“Site” shall mean the place where the delivery is to be made by the company.
The Company Undertakes
1. To deliver the Equipment on the Delivery Date and to proceed to erect it for use on or before the commencement of the Use Period.
2. To dismantle and remove the Equipment from the Site as soon as reasonably practicable after the Use Period.
The Client Undertakes
1. To pay a 30% Deposit on receipt of acceptance of a quotation and the Hirer agrees to pay the balance within 21 days of date of invoice and to pay the Balance in accordance with the Quotation.
2. To pay interest on all monies outstanding 14 days after the date for payment both before and after judgment at a rate of 4 per cent per annum above the Bank of England Base Rate. To pay the remainder of the monies outstanding prior to the event.
3. To provide the Company a reasonable period of time before the Delivery Date with an accurate plan of the Site showing all relevant services including underground services and any apparent obstacles which may affect the erection of the Equipment and the position on the Site in which the Equipment is to be erected and to advise the Company of any alterations in the Site of which it is aware that may take place after the date that the plan is provided.
The Client and not the Company will be responsible for any damage to underground cables or pipes.
4. To give notice to or obtain any necessary permits from local authorities and/or the Site owners prior to erection.
5. If any part of the Equipment includes electrical apparatus to provide such power points or supply as may be reasonably required by the Company within 15 metres of the Equipment.
6. Not to enter the Equipment while it is being erected or dismantled by the Company.
7. To keep any part of the Equipment that is a framed structure or a tent completely closed and secure and in particular any door in place and fastened when not in use.
8. The client shall be responsible for and indemnify the company against any loss of or damage to all hired equipment whatsoever the cause, however on Payment of damage waiver fee the above does not apply.
9. Not to use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances of any kind without the previous consent in writing of the Company.
10. Not to tamper with the structure or any part of the Equipment and in particular not to affix or suspend from the Equipment any item whatsoever without the Company’s prior written consent.
11. All marquee equipment must be fully insured for damage or loss for the entire period of hire the client must either:
Provide evidence of their own insurance cover for the marquee with the company’s interest in the marquee noted on the policy or Take out the company’s damage waiver facility for a maximum of £50,000 and pay an additional 5% of the price of the marquee hire however the client must also pay the first £500 on any claim on this policy.
1. These prices are correct at time of printing and are subject to change.
2. The Company will use its best endeavors to supply the Client with the Equipment ordered but where this is not possible the Company will notify the Client as soon as possible of any alterations to the design and specifications of the Equipment and where the alterations is fundamental the Client may terminate this contract and any Deposit paid will be refunded.
3. The Price is based on the assumption that the Client provides a firm and level site of turf (or some other material not impervious to stakes and able to absorb rainwater) and is served by a firm access road adjacent to the Site with adequate hard-standing for commercial vehicles and is free from flooding, trees and overhead obstruction. If this is not the case or if the Client wishes the Company to erect the Equipment in a different position on the Site to the one indicated by the Client to the Company at the time of the Quotation and in either event the costs to the Company are subsequently increased by reason of increase in labour costs or any other factor the Company may increase the price in accordance with the Company’s published price list and hourly labour rates then in force.
1. The Price does not include making good any repairs to the Site unless caused by the negligence of the Company’s servants, agents or contractors.
The client accepts that the delivery and collection of equipment may result in some damage to the client’s site and hereby accepts such reasonable damage.
2. All sums payable under this Agreement unless otherwise stated are exclusive of VAT and other duties or taxes. Any VAT or other duties or taxes payable in respect of such sums shall be payable in additions to such sums.
1. Either party shall have the right to terminate this Contract without penalty within seven days from the date of the contract subject to written confirmation of such termination being given by one party to the other within such period. The client is therefore advised not to enter into any other contract that relies upon the hire
2. of the equipment until this seven day “cooling off” period has passed.
3. Once the period of seven days referred to in the preceding clause has passed, the following charges will be applied by the company:
Notice Period Given Charge
· Up to and including 28 days before delivery: 50% of full rental cost
· Up to and including 14 days before delivery date: 75% of full rental cost
· 13 days or less before delivery date: Full rental cost
Exclusion of Liability
1. The Company will make every effort to complete the erection of the Equipment on or before the commencement of the Use Period provided that the Client has complied with the undertakings set out above. If the Equipment is not erected before the commencement of the Use Period the Client shall have the right to withdraw and the Company shall return all monies paid. If the Equipment is not erected because of delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond its reasonable control the Company shall not be liable to pay further compensation to the Client.
2. The Company will take all reasonable care to avoid any damage to the Client’s own equipment but cannot be responsible for any loss suffered by the Client in respect thereof other than as a result of the negligence of the Company’s servants, agents or contractors.